Contact me at elf@dodgyapple.com

Tuesday 4 March 2008

Decision On Story

I did have an idea for my animatic originally. I was going to use a character I've been working on for a while and put her in a crazy world of robots - have her try to fit in the mechanical world - dealing with certain emotions and scenarios just to fit in. But, I then realised it was a group project and decided to ditch that idea and come up with a fresh one with my group instead. When we decided to base our animatic on ourselves, we decided to each come up with a scenario for when we all enter our classroom. It took me a while to decide on my one.

Since it’s a drawing module, we decided to keep the idea of drawing throughout all our individual parts. So we will each be drawing… I think…

Here is a list of some of the possible scenarios (most are brief because I didn't develop the idea anymore):-

Idea 1:- - Character walks into classroom normally, followed by her mafia members.
- Character brings out her sketch book and starts drawing randomly and simply.
- Suddenly a monster comes crashing through the room and starts to attack me.
- Mafia members then bring out their firearm and starts to protect the character.
- Since she isn’t skilled in anyway, she turns to a new page on her sketch and starts drawing the mafia members with bigger guns, capes, helmets etc. power rangers style!
- The mafia members win and save the day

Idea 2:- - Character walks into classroom normally, followed by her mafia members.
- Character brings out her sketch book and starts drawing a zombie.
- Then all of a sudden, she channels her powers and starts to bring back the dead to life. (The uni is built on top of a graveyard.)
- The zombies appear from the ground and starts attacking.

Idea 3:- - Character walks into classroom normally, followed by her mafia members.
- Character brings out her sketch book and starts drawing planes.
- She then starts to make paper planes and draw in the details etc.
- She then sends the plane flying and it morphs into a real plane.
- Character jumps on the plane and starts controlling it, flying all round the room.

Random Thoughts:- - Pirates fighting mermen for the sea.
- Famous cartoon characters battling each other.

Final scenario I’ve chosen is:-

- Character walks into classroom with a mob of mafia members around her to protect her.
- The character then brings out her sketchbook and starts drawing some mecha/robots.
- She then starts to build them using parts from a box. OR they come to life form her sketches.
- When she has finished her second model, the first one starts to come to life. When she’s on her third one, the second one comes to life and she notices the other 2 mecha/robots fighting on her table.
- She then turns her pencil/sketchbook into a control pad and starts to control the 3rd mecha/robot and tries to stop the other 2.
- Lost of explosions etc.

OR

- Character walks into classroom with a mob of mafia members around her to protect her.
The character then brings out her sketchbook and starts drawing some mecha/robots.
- She then starts to build them using parts from a box. OR they come to life form her sketches.
- When she has finished her second model, the first one starts to come to life. When she’s on her third one, the second one comes to life and she notices the other 2 mecha/robots fighting on her table - growing in size.
- She then finishes her third mecha *cut scene*
- All 3 mecha/robots are huge and fighting each other. Characters in the 3rd mecha/robot trying to stop the other 2 from fighting.

In the end I choose the 1st one (my character controlling the 3rd model using her drawing equipment). I thought since she started it in her sketchbook and pencil then she might as well control it using them too. Plus, to design 3 huge mecha/robots would mean more detail and for this I'd rather just keep it simple. =)

Originally I wanted huge mechas/robots - 3 of them in totaly. However.. after sketching a few, I relised I'm not actually good at it and was never satisfied with my work - in the end got fustrated >_<.
So instead of making huge mechas/robots. I've reduced their size by... a lot.




~ Message from the little elf ~

No comments: